In heart diseases, or cardiology, we treat heart diseases requiring specialist medical care.
We investigate and treat adult patients
- coronary artery disease (coronary angiography, perfusion imaging, CT scans, pharmacological therapy for coronary artery disease, balloon angioplasty, bypass surgery)
- arrhythmias (pharmacological therapies, pacemaker treatments, ablation therapies)
- diseases of the cardiac valves
- cardiac insufficiency (ventricular assist device therapy, heart transplant)
- cardiomyopathy and myocarditis
- congenital heart diseases
- hereditary heart diseases
Anyone can seek treatment with us on the basis of a physician’s referral, regardless of their place of residence in Finland.
Nationally, we have the responsibility for
- Severe congenital heart defects in adults
- Examination and treatment of congenital arrhythmias
- Examination and treatment of hereditary cardiomyopathy
- Heart transplants
Thanks to the cardiological emergency services, we are prepared for operations around the clock.
The Cardiac Unit at Meilahti Tower Hospital is a treatment unit that performs both invasive and non-invasive diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
On our ward at Meilahti Tower Hospital, we examine and treat cardiac patients in need of demanding specialist medical care.
In our outpatient clinic at Meilahti Tower Hospital, we examine and treat patients in need of demanding examination and care in cardiology, cardiac surgery…
The Coronary Care Unit CCU at Meilahti Tower Hospital is a monitoring ward that provides intensive monitoring of vital functions due to an acute cardiac…