Skip to main content

How to get help


Call the Medical Helpline's toll-free number 116117 before seeking medical attention from the HUS emergency clinics.

Medical Helpline

If you have a sudden illness or injury, the primary place of care is your local health center. If the health center is closed, urgent care is available at joint emergency services.

Treatment at HUS primarily requires a referral.

Patient guide

In life-threatening situations, call the emergency number 112. In non-urgent matters, please contact your local health center or occupational health care, for example.

The Seri Support Center at Women's Hospital is a support unit for people who have experienced sexual violence.

Seri Support Center

In Seri Support Center we offer a low-threshold service for people over 16 years of age, regardless of gender, who have experienced sexual violence.

Poison Information Center advises on how to prevent and treat acute cases of poisoning.

Poison information center

At the Poison Information Center, we respond by phone to questions concerning the prevention and treatment of acute cases of poisoning in humans.

We provide information on medications and other external factors that have an adverse impact on fertility, pregnancy and fetal development.

Medicine safety information for mothers

We also advise you on all medication issues during breastfeeding. You can contact us when you are only just planning the pregnancy.

If you wish to cancel your appointment, please contact the unit in question directly.

Cancelling an appointment

All of our units can be found in the ‘Hospitals and other units’ search.

If you seek treatment at us as a private patient, please contact our private hospital Orton.


More information is available on Orton's website.


Did you find what you were looking for?