Heart and Lung Center Outpatient Clinic, Meilahti Tower HospitalKeywords:
- heart diseases
- pulmonary diseases
- Heart and Lung Center
- heart transplant
- lung transplantation
- cardiac surgery
- pulmonary surgery
- general thoracic and esophageal surgery
Heart and Lung Center Outpatient Clinic relocates temporarily
On May 22 the outpatient clinic’s appointments, exercise ECG, Holter monitoring will move from the 3rd floor operation wing to premises at ward M8A on the Tower Hospital’s 8th floor. The new premises will be in use until fall 2023
In our outpatient clinic at Meilahti Tower Hospital, we examine and treat patients in need of demanding examination and care in cardiology, cardiac surgery, or thoracic surgery.
Pacemaker outpatient clinicPhone, Pacemaker outpatient clinic: 09 471 74569
PH outpatient clinic (pulmonary hypertension)Phone, PH outpatient clinic (pulmonary hypertension): 09 471 76151
Heart and lung transplantation and outpatient clinic for ventricular assist devicesPhone, Heart and lung transplantation and outpatient clinic for ventricular assist devices: 09 471 76151
Heart surgery, waiting list, heart surgery and replacing pacemaker generators, transcatheter valve procedures, and replacing pacemaker generatorsPhone, Heart surgery, waiting list, heart surgery and replacing pacemaker generators, transcatheter valve procedures, and replacing pacemaker generators: 09 471 72292
Tracheal and esophageal surgery and diseases of the aorta
Mon-Fri 9-11 (secreterary), Mon-Wed and Fri 12- 13 (nurse)Phone, Tracheal and esophageal surgery and diseases of the aorta: 09 471 74391
You need a referral to become our patient.
Other cardiac examinations conducted in our outpatient clinic include: ultrasound of the heart, clinical exercise test (exercise ECG), long-term ECG registration (Holter), and pacemaker monitoring. In addition to these, other outpatient examinations are performed as needed: ECG, laboratory and X-ray examinations, MRI and CT scans of the heart and blood vessels, and myocardial perfusion scintigraphy.
Common examinations performed on patients with pulmonary and esophageal issues include PET-CT, gastroscopy, manometry, pH measurement, and spirometry.
Depending on the severity of your illness, you will be referred to further examinations or procedures. Your further care may also take place at a specialized outpatient clinic in your region, at your local health center, or at another specialist medical care outpatient clinic.
Our patients have appointments for various reasons:
- Examination and treatment of illnesses of the heart valves
- Treatment of cardiac insufficiency
- Treatment of cardiac illnesses caused by infections
- Examination and treatment of arrhythmia
- Pacemaker monitoring and remote monitoring
- Treatment of hereditary cardiac illnesses and arrhythmia
- Treatment and monitoring of adult patients with congenital heart defects
- Treatment and postoperative monitoring of patients waiting for a heart transplantation
- Treatment and postoperative monitoring of patients waiting for a lung transplantation
- Treatment and monitoring of patients with pulmonary hypertension
- Treatment of treatment-resistant high cholesterol
- Examination and treatment of patients undergoing pulmonary and esophageal surgery
- Examination and treatment of illnesses of the thoracic aorta.
At the outpatient clinic, appointment and surgery schedulers in cardiac surgery and lung and esophageal surgery are also at your service.
Maisa Portal (opens in new window, links to another website)
You can use our online services by signing in to the Maisa Portal. Once your treatment with us begins, you will receive information on the services you can access in Maisa. These include appointment booking and preliminary information forms, for example.
The Patient Guide site answer the most common questions you might have before, during and after treatment.