Plastic surgery operations are performed at Töölö and Jorvi hospitals and also at Hyvinkää, Lohja, Porvoo and Raseborg hospitals.
Our department includes the Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Center (HUSUKE), which is the national center for treating cases of cleft palate and craniofacial malformations. The Burn Center manages all cases of burns in Uusimaa and also the treatment of the most severe cases of burns nationwide.
Plastic surgery services in HUS include:
- treatment of burns and severe injuries to the face or limbs,
- treatment of skin cancer and malignant supportive tissue tumors (soft tissue sarcomas),
- corrective breast reconstruction surgery in connection with breast cancer (immediate corrections and later corrections), preventive mastectomy, reduction mammoplasty,
- treatment of cleft lip, cleft palate, and cranial malformations,
- treatment of pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and ischemic diabetic foot ulcers,
- gender correction surgery, and
- corrective surgery following weight loss surgery.
In many of the surgical procedures, our plastic surgeons work in cooperation with orthopedic surgeons, vascular surgeons, and neurosurgeons.
At the Emergency Department in Töölö Hospital, we take care of accident patients 24 hours a day.
In the Day Surgery Unit in Lohja Hospital, we perform ambulatory surgeries.
In the Hyvinkää Hospital LEIKO Unit and surgery unit, we treat patients from all age groups who arrive for a planned procedure or through the emergency…
At Hyvinkää Hospital's plastic and breast surgery outpatient clinic, we make assessments of the need for surgical treatment, and perform postoperative…