Plastic surgery operations are performed at Bridge Hospital and Park Hospital in Meilahti and Jorvi, Hyvinkää, Lohja, Porvoo and Raseborg hospitals.
Our department includes the Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Center (HUSUKE), which is the national center for treating cases of cleft palate and craniofacial malformations. The Burn Center manages all cases of burns in Uusimaa and also the treatment of the most severe cases of burns nationwide.
Plastic surgery services in HUS include:
- treatment of burns and severe injuries to the face or limbs,
- treatment of skin cancer and malignant supportive tissue tumors (soft tissue sarcomas),
- corrective breast reconstruction surgery in connection with breast cancer (immediate corrections and later corrections), preventive mastectomy, reduction mammoplasty,
- treatment of cleft lip, cleft palate, and cranial malformations,
- treatment of pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and ischemic diabetic foot ulcers,
- gender correction surgery, and
- corrective surgery following weight loss surgery.
In many of the surgical procedures, our plastic surgeons work in cooperation with orthopedic surgeons, vascular surgeons, and neurosurgeons.
At the Surgery Outpatient Clinic of Porvoo Hospital, we treat surgical patients (orthopedics, plastic surgery, intestinal surgery, urology, and general…
Patients typically arrive at the Hyvinkää Hospital Surgery Outpatient Clinic for their first visit on referral from local health centers, from occupational…
On the Surgical Ward of Porvoo Hospital, we perform general surgery, gastrosurgical, orthopedic, urological, plastic surgery, and oral, nose and throat…
On Jorvi Hospital’s Ward K4, we treat adult patients in need of expertise in plastic surgery as well patients in need of demanding care in orthopedics and…