At the Poison Information Center, we respond by phone to questions concerning the prevention and treatment of acute cases of poisoning in humans. We are a nationwide service operating on a 24/7 basis, serving both ordinary citizens and health care professionals.
First aid instructions
Substances, plants and mushrooms
You can find information on substances, plants and mushrooms with the search function on the Poison Information Center website.
Select an expert
Unfortunately, we do not have the expertise available to provide general advice on medications or foods, or on the treatment of illnesses or allergies. We also do not treat patients or identify toxins.
In other cases, please select an expert in the list below:
- Questions about medications not related to overdoses: pharmacies.
- Questions about animals: your own vet or a vet on call.
- Allergies, treatment of illnesses, and general health care advice: your local health care helpline, your local health center, or other emergency clinic.
- Food poisoning: your local health center or other emergency clinic.
- General information on foods: municipal food authorities.
- Information on medications and other external factors with a harmful impact on fertility, fetuses, and newborn infants: Teratological information service.