Our vascular surgery division is one of the largest vascular surgery units in Europe and a leading actor in Finland.
Basic-level venous surgery in the Helsinki metropolitan area and demanding surgical and endovascular treatment of arterial diseases throughout the HUS region have been centralized in our unit.
In addition, we treat patients from the specific catchment area of the hospital districts of Kymenlaakso and South Karelia, as well as for certain special procedures for patients from all over Finland.
Our national special areas of expertise include:
- Treatment of aortic aneurysms above the renal arterial level
- Surgical treatment of inflammation of an aortic vascular graft
- Surgical treatment of a carotid artery aneurysm
- Treatment of critical ischemia threatening the viability of a limb of a patient with a coagulation disorder
- Surgical treatment of cancer growing in the blood vessels (oncovascular surgery)
- Isolated limb perfusion (ILP) where chemotherapy is administered to the limb while blood flow is separated from the rest of the body to treat extensively spread malignant melanoma.
We utilize high-quality technology, and have a state-of-the-art hybrid operating room at our disposal. We have the latest methods, proven in scientific research, available for both traditional open surgery and endovascular procedures.
In the Day Surgery Unit in Lohja Hospital, we perform ambulatory surgeries.
Emergency Surgery Wards M4 and M5 at Meilahti Tower Hospital are emergency wards for gastrointestinal surgery.
In the Hyvinkää Hospital LEIKO Unit and surgery unit, we treat patients from all age groups who arrive for a planned procedure or through the emergency…
At the Vascular Surgery Outpatient Clinic at Lohja Hospital, we treat varicose veins and leg ulcers caused by chronic venous insufficiency, as well as…