Social workers, Meilahti Triangle HospitalKeywords:
- social work
- health social work
- Meilahti Triangle Hospital
The social workers at Meilahti Triangle Hospital provide social work services to all patients on the hospital wards and in the outpatient clinics.
Surgery Outpatient Clinic, 5A Transplantation and liver surgery, elinsiirtoyksikkö, 5B Renal and pancreatic transplants, nephrologyPhone, Surgery Outpatient Clinic, 5A Transplantation and liver surgery, elinsiirtoyksikkö, 5B Renal and pancreatic transplants, nephrology: 050 427 1951
Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic (other than lung cancer patients)Phone, Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic (other than lung cancer patients): 050 427 0703
6A ja 6B Pulmonary Diseases, lung cancer patients at Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic, Emergency WardPhone, 6A ja 6B Pulmonary Diseases, lung cancer patients at Pulmonary Outpatient Clinic, Emergency Ward: 050 427 2339
Hematology Outpatient ClinicPhone, Hematology Outpatient Clinic: 050 427 0706
Peritoneal Dialysis UnitPhone, Peritoneal Dialysis Unit : 050 427 0707
Home HemodialysisPhone, Home Hemodialysis: 050 427 2338
Social work is part of the entity of services in your care and rehabilitation operations in the hospital. You can discuss the issues affecting your individual situation with a social worker. The social worker supports you so that you are able to receive social services and benefits in a timely manner at different stages of your illness and rehabilitation.
We offer assistance, e.g. in the following matters:
- sickness allowance, rehabilitation allowance, pensions, and disability benefits
- vocational rehabilitation, travel and medical expenses, and children’s benefits
- statutory insurance (accident at work, occupational disease, and traffic accident)
- means-tested income support and housing
- severe illness, disability, and rehabilitation planning
- patient’s concerns and life situation, and support for families with children
- crisis situation and psychosocial support
- mental health and substance abuse services
- services for victims of crime
- foreigners, undocumented persons, and clarifications related to domicile issues
- notification of the need for support for a person in need of specific support
- welfare guardianship matters
- appeals and complaints.
If necessary, the social worker will cooperate with various other actors. The services of health-related social work are available to all patients, families and relatives, and are confidential and free of charge. You can contact the social worker either by phone or through the nursing staff.
Each ward and outpatient clinic has a designated social worker, who can be reached on weekdays during office hours. You can contact the social worker yourself or it can be done by a family member or by the nursing staff who are caring for you.
Maisa Portal (opens in new window, links to another website)
You can use our online services by signing in to the Maisa Portal. Once your treatment with us begins, you will receive information on the services you can access in Maisa. These include appointment booking and preliminary information forms, for example.
The Patient Guide site answer the most common questions you might have before, during, and after treatment.