HelsinkiMissio’s volunteer Family Friends
The Family Friends are trained volunteers over the age of 25 from HelsinkiMissio, providing their presence, support, and practical assistance to patients and their families at New Children's Hospital.
Volunteers operate in the main hall of our hospital on weekdays 10:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. and provide guidance to families on how to register and locate their unit of care. Family Friends also work in the Play and Activity Unit and organize activities for young people via remote access.
You can ask a Family Friend directly from the lobby, for example:
- to accompany you in outdoor activities
- to help with hospital life or discharge matters
- to allow a break for a parent accompanying a child on an inpatient ward
- to act as a conversation partner for an adult, or as a play and game companion for a child or adolescent
- to assist at the Ronald McDonald House where families can stay.
You can also ask for assistance by calling tel. 044 784 6534. If you know that you will be in need of help at some later time, you can fill out a contact form. HelsinkiMissio will contact you as soon as possible.