Referral instructions for a gender identity diagnosisKeywords:
- long-term experience of a gender identity conflict, causing suffering and need for treatment
- acute psychiatric conditions and substance abuse problems are in a stable treatment balance
- psychiatric and neuropsychiatric conditions that threaten functional capacity have been diagnosed appropriately and within the scope of rehabilitation
- basic information: age, education, occupation, work and livelihood, housing and social network
- medical history: psychiatric and somatic conditions, treatments, and psychotherapy.
- current psychiatric and somatic health, functional capacity, and substance abuse
- how long has the experience of transgender or other gender identity conflict lasted
- wishes and expectations regarding diagnosis and potential treatments
NOTE! The referral must include the patient’s current, verified telephone number as well as previous psychiatric documents and neuropsychological/psychological examinations. The patient must have a municipality of residence in Finland. The referral of Åland patients must include a payment commitment.
Gender Identity Clinic, Pasila
Our Gender Identity Clinic is a national specialist unit where we diagnose adult patients suffering from gender dysphoria (gender anxiety) and coordinate…