Cooperation networks for development
We work closely in development cooperation with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, the National Institute for Health and Welfare, the University of Helsinki, the region's competence centers in the social sector, municipal health and social services, and the Uusimaa2019 organization.
As key networks in the area, we coordinate the network of public health directors and the oral health care network, as well as participate in meetings of the national network of public health directors.
We, members of the Uusimaa region’s network of public health directors, are working together to promote primary health care issues in the region. We meet regularly to discuss issues related to the development of primary health care, the promotion of the health and social services reform, and the functioning of health care.
We also respond to questions, make statements, and try to highlight key issues in primary health care. If necessary, we will invite introducers to the meeting, e.g. from the ministry, the Regional State Administrative Agency, municipalities, and the Association of Finnish Municipalities.
- The group acts as a peer group for directors of public health work.
- If necessary, the meeting may issue opinions and raise topical issues concerning the activities on a wide scale.
- For its part, the meeting can prepare cooperation issues regarding the health care organization plan.
- The meetings will hear issues related to the promotion of health and well-being in primary health care and to general medicine.
- The HUS Primary Health Care Unit acts as the technical organizer of the meetings and assists the Chairmen in the preparation of the meetings.
The network of public health directors’ work is chaired by Senior Medical Director Kaija Hannula (Kirkkonummi) with Katja Croell (HUS) functioning as the secretary.
The network of oral health care directors in the Uusimaa region meets up 3–4 times a year. At our meetings, we discuss topical issues in oral health care and strive to promote consistent development of oral health care. At the meeting, we share our expertise and invite representatives from municipalities as well as the Regional State Administrative Agency, the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, and HUS to the meetings. If necessary, we will take a strong stand on oral health care issues.
The HUS Primary Health Care Unit acts as the technical organizer of the meetings and assists the Chair in the preparation of the meetings. The meeting will be chaired by Chief Senior Dentist Hellevi Ruokonen with Katja Croell functioning as the secretary.
In the meetings,
- we address issues related to the health and social services reform in health and social services,
- present and share good practices,
- we may provide opinions, if necessary, highlighting issues of importance for oral health care, as well as
- we may prepare cooperation issues in the health care organization plan, such as the organization of specialist dental services in municipalities/ at basic level, or cooperation issues in the organization of dental care for patients with demanding/ primary diseases.
Do you want to develop yourself and network with other healthcare and social welfare developers in the area? We are offering you an opportunity to participate in our healthcare and social welfare developer coaching.
The coaching is open to those working within the development of primary health care, specialised healthcare or social services in the HUS area or in Eksote.
During the coaching you will take part in three two-day coaching sessions and in a one-day closing session. During the coaching we will go through development methods, take into account customer orientation by means of service design, consider economic conformities to law and review the evaluation. You will make use of the information received during the coaching sessions by developing an actual development target related to your work or work community, the progress of which you will present and report during the coaching period. If you wish, you can also carry out a development task in pairs or teams. The coaching is in Finnish, but participants can produce their posters/development tasks in Finnish, Swedish or English.
If development is your thing - sign up! The coaches have extensive experience in development tasks and in coaching developers. The next coaching will start in the spring 2021.
There are more than 300 trained developers in the HUS area. After having attended our coaching, annual development meetings, free of charge, will be your thing.