The Oral Diseases Unit operates at Park Hospital in the Meilahti hospital campus. Patients are referred to our unit by their physician.
Our Oral Diseases Unit offers an Oral Diseases Outpatient Clinic, dental care under general anesthesia in oral and maxillofacial diseases, an infection focus clinic, and dental hygienist’s appointments.
At the Oral Diseases Outpatient Clinic, we treat patients who require specialist medical care in clinical dental care and orthodontic treatment. Our outpatient clinic is a referral, consultation and follow-up clinic.
Our activities include:
- severe occlusal defects that require the cooperation of dental orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery
- treatment of oral inflammatory foci associated with systemic diseases
- apnea oral device treatment in sleep apnea patients
- occlusion rehabilitation in patients with oral cancer and patients with extensive cases of missing teeth
- treatment of occlusion and jaw joints in patients with rheumatism
- changes in the gums and mucous membranes associated with systemic diseases or syndromes, as well as inflammatory and developmental changes in the teeth
Dental care under general anesthesia in oral and maxillofacial diseases is an ambulatory surgery unit. We are responsible for the treatment of oral and dental diseases under general anesthesia in patients over 16 years of age.
At the infection focus clinic, we study and treat oral infections in patients with severe systematic diseases whose untreated infection of the mouth or teeth can pose a risk to a patient’s general health.