As a patient at HUS, you can discuss how the disease affects your life situation with a health care social worker.
If necessary, you can learn more about matters related to social security, services, or rehabilitation. Our services are available to all patients, families, and next of kin confidentially and free of charge. You can contact the social worker through the nursing staff responsible for your care.
We offer assistance, e.g. in the following matters:
- Sickness benefit, rehabilitation allowance, pensions, disability benefits
- Vocational rehabilitation, travel and medical expenses, children's benefits
- Statutory insurance (accident at work, occupational disease, traffic accident)
- Incomes, housing
- Severe illness, disability, rehabilitation planning
- Patient’s concern and life situation, support for families with children
- Crisis situation and psychosocial support
- Mental health and substance abuse services
- Services for victims of crime
- Foreigners, undocumented persons, clarifications related to domicile issues
- Notification of the need for support for a person in need of specific support
- Welfare guardianship
- Appeals, complaints
The social workers at Porvoo Hospital provide social work services to all patients on the hospital wards and in the outpatient clinics.
Social work at New Children's Hospital is aimed at supporting the family during a child’s illness.
The social workers at Hyvinkää Hospital provide social work services to all patients on the hospital wards and in the outpatient clinics.
The social workers at Lohja Hospital serve all patients being treated in the hospital wards and outpatient clinics as well as their family members.