Plastic surgery operations are managed at Töölö and Jorvi Hospitals and also at Hyvinkää, Lohja, Porvoo and Raseborg Hospitals.
On this website, we explain to you step by step how your examinations and treatment will proceed.
Our department includes the Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Center (HUSUKE), which is the national center for treating cases of cleft lip, cleft palate and craniofacial malformations. The Burn Center manages all cases of burns in Uusimaa and also all severe burns nationwide.
Plastic surgery services at HUS include:
- treatment of burns and severe injuries to the face or limbs,
- treatment of skin cancer and malignant supportive tissue tumors (soft tissue sarcomas),
- corrective surgery in connection with breast cancer (immediate corrections and later corrections), preventive mastectomy, reduction mammoplasty,
- treatment of cleft lip, cleft palate, and cranial malformations.
- treatment of pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and ischemic diabetic foot ulcers,
- gender correction surgery, and
- corrective surgery following weight loss surgery.
Our plastic surgeons often work with orthopedic surgeons, vascular surgeons and neurosurgeons on operations.
At the Emergency Department in Töölö Hospital, we take care of accident patients 24 hours a day.
On Ward 3 in Töölö Hospital, we treat adult patients requiring special expertise in plastic surgery.
On Jorvi Hospital’s Ward K3, we treat adult patients in plastic surgery.
At the Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Center HUSUKE at Töölö Hospital, we treat cleft lip and palate patients, defective fusions of the cranial sutures…