In infectious diseases, we examine and treat diseases caused by microbes such as bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites.
We treat severe infectious diseases. The majority of ordinary infections are treated in primary health care and outpatient health care, or they heal on their own with home care. We treat those in need of inpatient care based on the severity of the infection in all HUS hospitals. Meilahti Triangle Hospital has two inpatient wards for infectious diseases. We also provide treatment in the Day Hospital at Meilahti Triangle Hospital and the outpatient clinic.
We treat patients with
- severe general infections, such as sepsis
- immune disorders, such as HIV and congenital immune disorders, such as common variable immunodeficiency CVI
- complications of infection and diagnostically and therapeutically difficult cases, such as fever of unknown origin
- severe post-operative infections
- rare tropical diseases, such as malaria
The Infection Control Unit is responsible for providing infection control expertise at HUS and infection safety expertise for the staff. We also develop…
The Infectious Diseases Outpatient Clinic at the Meilahti Triangle Hospital is an appointment clinic that accepts patients on referral only.
On Ward K2B for Infectious Diseases at the Meilahti Triangle Hospital, we treat severe and acute cases of infectious diseases.
On Ward K4B for Infectious Diseases and Rheumatology at the Meilahti Triangle Hospital, we treat severe and acute cases of infectious diseases. We also…