The Patient Ombudsman is an advocate for your rights who provides advice and counselling in matters related to your treatment and interaction with you.
The Patient Ombudsman provides a customer-oriented service and respects your point of view. The Patient Ombudsman's role is advisory and counselling. The duties are provided for in the Act on the Status and Rights of Patients (785/1992).
The Patient Ombudsman provides neutral advice.
The Patient Ombudsman can help you investigate your case for instance in the following ways:
- advise you to principally talk to the staff of the service location or the person concerned if problems arise;
- explain your rights as a patient and advise you on related issues;
- explain the means of recourse available to you;
- advise and if necessary help you with the filing of an objection, a complaint, or a patient injury report;
- advocate for your rights in general.
The Patient Ombudsman will not:
- express an opinion on your medical treatment decisions or on how your treatment was carried out;
- evaluate whether your treatment has resulted in a patient injury;
- interpret the content of your patient records.
Patient Ombudsmen at our hospitals
Koronavirusepidemian vuoksi potilasasiamiehet ovat pääsääntöisesti etätyössä toistaiseksi.
Asiakasasiat hoidetaan joko puhelimitse tai sähköisesti.
Our patients in the Helsinki metropolitan area hospitals listed above, as well as customers in HUSLAB and HUS Imaging may contact us:
Helpline in Finnish: 09 471 71262
Helpline in Swedish: 09 471 71263
Our hospitals in the various municipalities:
Espoo: Jorvi Hospital, Espoo Hospital (maternity only).
Helsinki: Aurora Hospital, Haartman Hospital, Herttoniemi Hospital, Skin and Allergy Hospital, Surgical Hospital, Malmi Hospital, Meilahti Triangle Hospital, Meilahti Tower Hospital, Women’s Hospital, Psychiatry Center, Eye and Ear Hospital, Department of Oncology, Töölö Hospital, and New Children's Hospital.
Raseborg: Raseborg Hospital.
Vantaa: Peijas Hospital.
Our patients in the Hyvinkää hospital area (Hyvinkää, Järvenpää, Mäntsälä, Nurmijärvi, and Tuusula) may contact us:
Tarja Röhmö (Mon–Tue)
By appointment only.
Our hospitals in these municipalities are the Hyvinkää and Kellokoski Hospitals.
Our patients in the Lohja hospital area (Karkkila, Lohja, Siuntio, and Vihti) may contact us:
Personal appointments must be booked in advance.
Street address and mailing address: Lohja Hospital, Sairaalatie 8, FI-08200 Lohja (PO Box 1010, FI-00029 HUS)
Our hospital in the area is Lohja Hospital.
Our patients in the Porvoo hospital area (Askola, Lapinjärvi, Loviisa, Pornainen, Porvoo, and Sipoo) may contact us:
Deputy Patient Ombudsman Britt Sorsa-Hotakainen
We recommend that personal appointments be booked in advance.
Street address and mailing address: Porvoo Hospital, Sairaalantie 1, FI-06150 Porvoo
Our hospital in the area is Porvoo Hospital.
- Request for a a copy of patient data
- Patient register log data
- Request for clarification on the processing of patient data
- Patient injury report
- Material damage claim
- When you are in treatment against your will
- Disclosure of a deceased person's patient records
- Correction to patient records