Opening hours and contact information
Call before seeking seeking medical attention from emergency service.Phone, Call before seeking seeking medical attention from emergency service.: 040 621 5699
Our night-time emergency care for oral diseases at Töölö Hospital operates at the Emergency Department in connection with the emergency service unit for oral and maxillofacial surgery.
The night-time emergency service only treats patients in need of immediate care whose treatment cannot be postponed due to medical reasons to take place in primary health care services during the day or evening on the next day from 8:00 a.m. onwards. The night-time emergency care for oral diseases operates according to a principle of medical urgency.
Situations that require immediate care:
- Suspected facial or maxillary fracture
- Dental injury involving a detached or clearly displaced tooth
- Injury to a baby tooth that prevents the teeth from closing properly
- Bleeding after a teeth removal or another procedure, which does not subside in 2 hours using the instructions given by the Medical Helpline (tel 116117).
- Increasing swelling, redness, and pain, restricted mouth opening (space between upper and lower front teeth is less than 2 fingers wide), difficulty to swallow
- Dislocated jaw