Regional Hospital at Home, Porvoo HospitalKeywords:
- palliative care
- pain management
- Porvoo Hospital
At Porvoo Hospital's Hospital at Home, we provide hospital-level treatment at a patient’s home as an alternative to inpatient care.
We will treat you at home or in another place of residence, such as in residential services. The Hospital-at-Home nurses will treat you according to a jointly prepared treatment plan.
If necessary, you will have the option to be transferred to a hospital. We provide services 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Hospital-at-Home personnel include a physician and registered nurses. A nurse is available 24 hours a day.
In at-home hospital services, we perform, among other things:
- intravenous pharmacotherapy and fluid therapy
- blood transfusions
- oxygen therapy
- treatment of pain
- palliative and hospice care
- blood tests
Conditions for at-home hospital care of patients:
- at least 16 years of age
- your physician has assessed your suitability as a home hospital patient and prepared treatment instructions
- you want to be taken care of at home and your state of health allows this
- you manage your daily activities independently or with the help of your family or support services
- you commit to refraining from use of intoxicants during treatment
- pets are kept on a leash or in another room during treatment visits
- Home visit: EUR 12.00 (physician or nurse). Only one visit will be invoiced during a period of 24 hours.
- The fee includes any acute care medicines and supplies used by nurses during home visits.
- Hospital-at-home care visits are free of charge for regular customers of home-care services.
- The hospital-at-home fees do not accrue the maximum payment limit.
Maisa Portal (opens in new window, links to another website)
You can use our online services by signing in to the Maisa Portal. Once your treatment with us begins, you will receive information on the services you can access in Maisa. These include appointment booking and preliminary information forms, for example.
The Patient Guide site answer the most common questions you might have before, during, and after treatment.