At the Emergency Department of Peijas Hospital, we primarily serve the residents of Vantaa and Kerava over the age of 16. In urgent cases, we provide treatment regardless of a person’s domicile.
- chest pain
- stroke symptoms, such as sudden flaccidity or incapacity of a limb or speech difficulties
- profuse bleeding (e.g. vomiting of blood, large bleeding wound)
- major injuries and bone fractures
- sudden severe headache
- difficulty breathing
- suddenly occurring or increasingly severe abdominal pain
- mental health problems requiring urgent treatment
Estimated duration of an emergency department visit
At the hospital emergency clinic, we always assess the need and urgency for treatment first. Based on this, you will be referred to a nurse or physician. Patients are treated in the order of urgency, not in the order of arrival. Because of this, a patient who has arrived after you may be admitted for treatment before you.