Peijas Emergency DepartmentKeywords:
- emergency services
- health center emergency services
- Specialized Health Care Emergency Department
- psychiatric emergency care
- Peijas Hospital
At the Emergency Department of Peijas Hospital, we primarily serve the residents of Vantaa and Kerava over the age of 16. In urgent cases, we provide treatment regardless of a person’s domicile.
- chest pain
- stroke symptoms, such as sudden flaccidity or incapacity of a limb or speech difficulties
- profuse bleeding (e.g. vomiting of blood, large bleeding wound)
- major injuries and bone fractures
- sudden severe headache
- difficulty breathing
- suddenly occurring or increasingly severe abdominal pain
- mental health problems requiring urgent treatment
Estimated duration of an emergency department visit
Allow analytic cookies to show the embedded media.
At the hospital emergency clinic, we always assess the need and urgency for treatment first. Based on this, you will be referred to a nurse or physician. Patients are treated in the order of urgency, not in the order of arrival. Because of this, a patient who has arrived after you may be admitted for treatment before you.
Remote Appointments at Emergency Department
In addition to regular appointments, the emergency departments at Hyvinkää, Jorvi, and Peijas offer remote appointments.
Maisa Portal (opens in new window, links to another website)
You can use our online services by signing in to the Maisa Portal. Once your treatment with us begins, you will receive information on the services you can access in Maisa.
The Patient Guide site answer the most common questions you might have before, during, and after treatment.