Instructions for visitors
HUS will allow hospital visits for patients’ immediate family members from May 1, 2021 onwards with the following conditions:
- Only two visitors at a time
- Recommended visit duration is 15 minutes
- Visitors must wear a surgical face mask, which the unit will provide as needed
- Visitors must use hand disinfectant when they enter and leave the hospital, ward, or patient room
- Visitors must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection
- The visit must be arranged with the care unit
Exemptions may be granted to the above conditions if the patient is in end-of-life care or otherwise seriously ill, or if the patient needs a family member or an escort for assistance. Treatment units may also consider allowing exemptions for other reasonable grounds case by case. However, in all cases visitors must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection.
If you bring items to the hospital info desk to be delivered to a patient, please observe the opening hours of the info desk. Do not bring items near closing time, because the ward personnel may not make it in time to pick up the items and we cannot guarantee safe storage.
All other visitation outside the above guidelines is still prohibited.