Instructions for visitors
HUS allows hospital visits for patients’ immediate family members with the following conditions:
- Only two visitors at a time
- Recommended visit duration is 15 minutes
- Visitors must wear a surgical face mask, which the unit will provide as needed
- Visitors must use hand disinfectant when they enter and leave the hospital, ward, or patient room
- Visitors must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection
- The visit must be arranged with the care unit
Exemptions may be granted to the above conditions if the patient is in end-of-life care or otherwise seriously ill, or if the patient needs a family member or an escort for assistance. Treatment units may also consider allowing exemptions for other reasonable grounds case by case. However, in all cases visitors must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection.
In the emergency departments and outpatient clinics a family member or an escort may come with the patient only in cases it is nesessary for assistance. In these cases the family member or the escort must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection and he/she has to wear a face mask while in the hospital.
Visitors can meet the patient outdoors according to regional restrictions conserning events and meetings.
If you bring items to the hospital info desk to be delivered to a patient, please observe the opening hours of the info desk. Do not bring items near closing time, because the ward personnel may not make it in time to pick up the items and we cannot guarantee safe storage.
All other visitation outside the above guidelines is still prohibited.