Instructions for visitors
Visits by family members of patients to HUS units are restricted due to the risk of coronavirus infection. These visitor restrictions are valid from March 9th, 2022 onwards.
Wards and emergency departments
The patient's immediate family members are permitted to visit under the following conditions:
- A maximum of two persons at a time can visit the patient’s room or the emergency department
- Visits can last a half an hour at most
- Visitors must wear a disposable face mask, which the unit will provide as needed
- Visitors must use hand disinfectant when they enter and leave the hospital, ward, or patient room
- Visitors must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection and must not have been exposed to the coronavirus in the past 5 days
Exemptions may be granted to the above conditions if the patient is in end-of-life care or otherwise severely ill, or if the patient needs a family member or an escort for assistance. Treatment units may also consider allowing exemptions for other reasonable grounds on a case-by-case basis. However, in all cases visitors must be free of any symptoms of a respiratory infection.
If a patient requires an assistant, one person is allowed to accompany the patient during their scheduled appointment. To accompany a patient, you must not have any symptoms of coronavirus and must wear a surgical face mask throughout your stay in the hospital.
Children's units and obstetric and maternity units
Only immediate family members are allowed to visit patients. Other visits may only be arranged to administrative premises, and to patient care units at times when they are not open for patient care.
Delivering items to patients
If you bring items to the hospital info desk to be delivered to a patient, please observe the opening hours of the info desk. Do not bring items near closing time, because the ward personnel may not make it in time to pick up the items and we cannot guarantee safe storage.