Foreign mothers

Foreign mothers living in Finland


Mothers having permanent residency in Finland can seek delivery services as Finnish people. First contact is made by maternity health clinic (Äitiysneuvola). If you are not certain of your residency status, you can check it on Population Registration Centre or Kela.

Mothers living in Finland not having permanent residency should contact HYKSin,

Foreign mothers living in European Union

A mother living permanently in a country of European Union or European Economic Area can seek a prior authorization by her health care authority (formula S2, former E112) for the delivery in Finland.

Foreign mothers living outside European Union

Delivery services can be organized by HYKSin. See

In cases of acute need of medical services 

In urgent cases seek into the nearest hospital. In non-urgent acute need please contact either a private clinic or regional health center.