Kellokoski Hospital Museum operates in a blue wooden house in the courtyard of Kellokoski Hospital, in the immediate vicinity of the palatial manor house.
Opening hours 1.6.–13.8.2023
The museum is open for visitors 1.6.–13.8.2023
- on Thursdays 11–17
- on Saturdays and Sundays 11–17
Opening hours on event days in the Kellokoski area
The museum is also open on event days in the Kelloskoski are as follows:
- PÄÄÄÄNI! The Multivoiced Artists Collective's exhibition opening 10:30 a.m.–5 p.m. (the exhibition is open June 10–August 13)
- July 17–30 Tuusula museum weeks Tuu museoon Tuesday through Sunday, open 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- July 22 Tuusula day, open 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
- August 11, Tuusula Night of the Arts, open 6–10 p.m. (guided tours at 7 and 9 p.m.)
In the museum, you can explore the history of Kellokoski Hospital and the unique coexistence of the hospital and the surrounding village community. In addition, the exhibition focuses on the treatment forms used in psychiatric care at different times, the operation of the hospital during the war years, and the stories of the hospital’s patients and staff.
The HUS Museum Committee redesigned the permanent exhibition of the Hospital Museum in cooperation with the Tuusula Museum in spring 2019. The museum is owned by HUS and the Tuusula Museum acts as a partner in keeping the museum open for visitors. The hospital museum displays the hospital’s old artefacts, such as lobotomy instruments and equipment used in shock treatments, as well as items and artwork made by the patients in occupational therapy.