The Jorvi Emergency Department serves residents of Espoo, Kauniainen and Kirkkonummi who are over 16 years of age. In urgent cases, we provide treatment regardless of a person’s domicile.
Should I go to the emergency department?
Before coming to the emergency clinic, call the Medical Helpline at 116 117.
If you already have a referral to the emergency clinic, you do not need to call the Medical Helpline.
- chest pain
- stroke symptoms, such as sudden flaccidity or incapacity of a limb or speech difficulties
- profuse bleeding (e.g. vomiting of blood, large bleeding wound)
- major injuries and bone fractures
- sudden severe headache
- difficulty breathing
- suddenly occurring or increasingly severe abdominal pain
- mental health problems requiring urgent treatment
- fever in a newborn
- convulsive child
Estimated duration of an emergency department visit
Allow analytic cookies to show the embedded media.
At the hospital emergency clinic, we always assess the need and urgency for treatment first. Based on this, you will be referred to a nurse or physician. Patients are treated in the order of urgency, not in the order of arrival. Because of this, a patient who has arrived after you may be admitted for treatment before you.