At Asvia, we take care of the versatile support services associated with patient care.
At Asvia, we provide effective and high-quality health care support services as part of the patient's treatment chain. The customer is always at the center of our activities; whether it is a patient customer or a customer ordering our services. We offer you a consistent, fluent, and personalized service experience with solid competence and long experience. In all situations, we do our best to make your experience as a health or social services customer as pleasant as possible.
- ward secretary services
- lobby and document services
- hospital cleaning services
- patient and staff catering
Responsibility is a natural part of our daily work
Reducing food waste, waste and the chemical load is an important part of our sustainability work. We promote chemical-free cleaning, which is also part of the goals of the entire HUS environmental program. We take into account responsibility, water consumption, and the domesticity of food ingredients in competitive tendering.
At HUS Asvia, we prepare thousands of meals every day. Our nutritious and healthy food is served for our patients being treated as well as those having lunch in the cafeterias and restaurants. We are constantly working to reduce food waste.
- We monitor the food consumption as part of our everyday work. If necessary, we make changes to the recipes we use.
- With the help of the Hävikkimestari program, we collect extensive data on food waste from both the patient meals as well as the lunch restaurants. Data is collected, for example, by restaurant and by dish. We utilize Hävikkimestari in the continuous development of our operations. With the help of the program, waste management is instilled as part of everyone’s work tasks.
- We sell surplus food in our lunch restaurants at the end of the day, if there is food left over.
- We make the amount of food waste visible in the lunch restaurants.
- We will increase the patients’ freedom of choice regarding what they eat on the ward, both in terms of the dish and portion size.
Reducing waste is also an important part of HUS Asvia’s sustainability work.
- We promote the use of cotton towels for drying hands. Compared to paper, cotton hand towels generate almost no waste. Fabric towels are currently already widely used in different HUS hospitals.
- We are working to improve the collection and recycling of plastic.
- For takeaway food, we are piloting the use of a multi-trip container with a deposit.
- We identify single-use products for which there are alternative reusable products.
The environment will thank us for reducing the use of chemicals, but the treatment environment will also become safer for both patients and employees.
- We use microfiber cleaning equipment extensively in our everyday work. Microfiber itself removes dirt effectively.
- We are adding detergent dispensers and thus standardizing the use of chemicals. Dispensers for cleaning agents automatically determine the amount and concentration of the detergent solution to be used.
- We prefer the use of diamond disc pads in our cleaning machines. Diamond pads effectively clean the floors with just he help of water.
- We have piloted chemical-free methods for the cleaning of common areas in a few of our units. The cleaning has been done with only microfiber and purified water, which has the properties of a cleaning agent.
- We piloted the functionality and efficacy of nanocoatings in a hospital environment. Both of the coatings included in the experiment are cleaned normally, but dirt comes off of them more easily. The amount of chemicals can be reduced. The photocatalyst surface works without chemicals, is activated by light, and is self-disinfecting.
In the lobby of the Meilahti lunch restaurant there is a sales point, which we rent daily to one vendor at a time.
The space has two tables (approx. 180 x 70 cm and 170 x 70 cm), four shelves, and two cabinets with locks. There are also electrical outlets available. The sales point is available from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Please note that the sale of foodstuffs is prohibited. The corridors and the lobby area must be kept free. The use of the passenger elevator for transport of goods is prohibited.
The address of the sales point is Stenbäckinkatu 9, Administration Center, building 5. See the map of the Meilahti Hospital area.
Price for use of the sales point
The daily price for use of the sales point is 78 euros (autumn 2022), which is paid at the cashier of the lunch restaurant in the morning upon arrival. The space booking is binding, and the rental amount including an invoicing fee will be invoiced retrospectively, if the person who reserved the space does not show up or does not make the payment during that day.
Booking a sales location
Reservations can be made via the following link: Booking a sales table (in Finnish)
- Reservations can now be made for seasonal time periods 3/2022 and 4/2022.
- Periods 1 and 2 (January to June) will be available for booking on the first weekday of September.
- Periods 3 and 4 (July to December) will be available for booking on the first weekday of April.
- The sales point can be booked once during a specific time period.
If the coronavirus situation becomes worse, we may be forced to cancel new reservations.
Welcome as a vendor in our facilities!