Child Music Therapy
THANK YOU FOR ATTENDING TO THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL MUSIC THERAPY CONFERENCE ON CHILDREN´S MUSIC THERAPY – HEALTH FOR CHILDREN WITH MUSIC!
There was a total of 194 participants from 27 different countries, including the library participants, and of which around 130 were present.
The warm and joyful atmosphere was exceptional, and we all will remember this for a long time.
We planted the seeds of new knowledge, collaboration, friendship, and love in all its dimensions
Thank you keynote speakers
- Dr. Friederike B. Haslbeck from the University & University Hospital, Zurich
- Prof. Dr. Minna Huotilainen from the Department of Education, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Dr. MT-BC Cheryl Dileo, who is Emerita Laura H. Carnell Professor of Music Therapy, Founding Director: The Arts and Quality of Life Research Center, USA
- Prof. Dr. Gro Trondalen from the Norwegian Academy of Music, Oslo, Norway
- Research Director Dr. Mari Tervaniemi from the Cicero Learning and Cognitive Brain Research Unit, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Karin Schumacher from the Berlin University of the Arts, Germany
Special heartfelt thanks go to the music performances of the babies and children form the Juvenalia Music Institute and Ninni Repo; and to the Lied-Duos from the Vantaa Music Institute and Saara-Maija Strandman and Marjukka Eskelinen.
The conference ended with us experiencing something unique. Conductor Tuomas Törmi and the symphony orchestra of the Länsi Uusimaa Music Institute took us to a Music & Imagery journey with “The Magic Hot Air Balloon” created by the Researcher, Music Therapist, Musician and Composer Ilan Sanfi.
Dr Hanna Hakomäki, Chair of the conference